Monday, November 1, 2010

What now???

So I've been in the habit of applying for as many jobs as possible, because I figure if I apply for 5-10 jobs I'm likely to get at least 1. And so far that process has been working for me...however, now things are starting to change. What do I do now that I'm getting more than 1 job out of 5-10? This weekend alone, I got 2 $1000 contract and $100 contract. I think I'm missing one, but I got 3 contracts in 3 days. And I have one guy that wants me to do a sample for a $1200 project, and keep in mind not all my applications are expired, so there's a chance I can get some more projects....I'm not complaining, not at all. I love my work and absolutely need the money but um...I'm also a full time student, I don't want to turn down any work, I want to work as much as possible while there is work, because being self-employed there will undoubtedly be a slow period, but at the rate I'm going I'm going to be getting about 2-3 hours of sleep  a night for like the next 2 weeks...again I'm not complaining, just a tad bit overwhelmed. Oh, that's the one I forgot, I have an outstanding contract, I just want to hurry up and get finished with this project it's paying $300, but I've had it forever because I just don't want to do it.

So I guess it's be stressed because you're not getting jobs and have zero dollars in your bank account, or be stressed because you have too many jobs... I'll take the latter of the 2, def. seems like the lesser of the 2 evils. Off to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment