Monday, November 15, 2010

Determination, focus and motivation

So this past week I had a visitor, which is why I didn't blog all week. It was my ex-boyfriend and I'm not really sure why I allowed him to distract me the way he did, but I did. And now I'm regretting it, more than one of my clients its upset with me and I've missed a really easy deadline. And on top of all that, I only went to 1 class all week. For what? I can't really blame him cause it's not like he was up bothering me or anything I just didn't feel like doing anything while he was there, I wanted to lay around with him.  Thank God, all my contracts are still in tact, I just have some serious catching up to do.

So what has this taught me? That being a free lance writer takes some serious determination, focus and motivation. Whereas with other career chooses such as music and acting, your friends can go along with you and help you and give suggestions. But who wants to read over my articles about gardens in London?


Writing is an isolating career it takes a lot of quiet and alone time to be successful. It gets lonely some times and frustrating because it takes longer than expected to write a 10,000 word article, but in the end this is my dream. I know I won't be writing what somebody else tells me to write all the time. It's just for the moment and one day I'll be free...free to do and say what I want and people will listen.  But until then I need a lot of determination, focus and motivation...

No comments:

Post a Comment