Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We all have to start somewhere

Being a full time student, mom and working on building my own business is no easy task. It takes a lot of discipline, focus and motivation and I seem to be lacking in all those areas. I love to write, don't get me wrong and not having to work under another persons rules is amazing. But I'm still getting used to waking up and being at home all day. It's so easy to sit in front of the TV and eat with no real responsibilities. But wait! I have a ton of responsibilities, way more responsibilities I had when I was working a 9-5 job. I have to get up everyday and make it happen for myself. There is no day I can slack off, be sleepy, not feel good, or want to be lazy. Everyday I have to wake up, bid on jobs, work on projects, submit proposals, edit and proofread. I'm struggling, am ready to give up and go back to a 'normal' job it's so much easier to work for somebody else. I don't quite have the motivation and drive it takes to be a successful freelancer, but we all have to start somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment